Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick is one of the many foundation products of Bobbi Brown, a US cosmetics company owned by the Estee Lauder Group. It comes 31 shades for fair to dark skin tones. Because of the vast range of shades, it’s easy for most people to find their perfect foundation match. My foundation shade happens to be Natural, a medium, slightly yellow-toned color (see photos below).
What’s good about Bobbi Brown is that the foundation shades are consistent. If you are a “Natural” in the stick foundation, you will also be a “Natural” in the liquid foundations. If you want to buy a different type of foundation (liquid or compact), you won’t have to guess too long what your shade will be.
Pros of the Bobbi Brown skin foundation stick:
- Easy to apply: you swipe several stripes on your cheeks, forehead, chin and nose, and simply spread it around with a foundation brush or your fingers. The formula is slightly creamy, but not greasy, and it does not sink into pores or fine lines.
- Portable: a travel-friendly format, no breakable glass or leaky pumps, great for touch-ups on the go.
- Shade range: women all over the world will be able to find the best match for their skin tone.
- Long wear: it stays on for hours without oxidizing or fading.
- Good for normal, dry, and slightly oily skin (but not for very oily skin) and for skin with wrinkles and large pores.
Cons of the Bobbi Brown skin foundation stick:
- Expensive: US$46 (on the Bobbi Brown website).
- Not good for very oily skins.
Tutorials on how to apply the Bobbi Brown skin foundation stick
Tips on how to apply foundation, concealer, color corrector and more: The founder, Bobbi Brown, is still with the company and you can watch her how-to videos on the website. I found the video on how to apply foundation, concealer and color corrector very helpful.
Another set of instructive videos on applying Bobbi Brown makeup comes from Hannah Martin, a Bobbi Brown makeup artist who is well-known in the UK and has a YouTube channel.